6.30.2007

The First Post: Always Awkward

Welcome to You Are Lose! This is a very simple blog, from a very simple man. I've been living in Japan for the past year, and was looking for a way to make better use of my time. What better way than to post my thoughts on the internet? In Japan, I'm an assistant English teacher in a high school. But, my job requires little plan and even less responsibility, so I have a lot of free time. In planning this blog, I want to (hopefully) make three different kinds of posts.

1. Video Games. I've been playing video games since I was very young, when the NES was still around. Ever since, playing games has always occupied a big chunk of my leisure time. So most of my posts will be video game related.

2. Movies. Like most people, I've seen a fairly large number of movies. But since a course on film that I took in college, I've become much more intellectually interested in movies. Specifically in what makes a good film, the process behind film-making, and the messages they can convey. Plus, watching movies is a whole lot of fun.

3. Japan. Japan is very different from the US. So different, that strange, bizarre, hilarious things often happen to or around me. Or, daily life in Japan can be very awkward and rage-inducing. I think it would be worthwhile to share some of the more interesting stories.

Probably, this blog will evolve well beyond what I have planned it to be. Regardless, I'm very excited to use this blog as a chance to write something everyday. I hope. I've never posted anything online before, so this should be a huge learning process for me. This blog should be most satisfactory.

No comments: