10.26.2008

A Great Recommender of Games

Despite my regular prowling of gaming news sites and blogs, most of my actual recent purchases have been recommendations made over on The Brainy Gamer blog. In particular, PS2 and portable games, since I currently have a grand total of 0 current-gen systems. I gave up my Japanese Wii upon returning to the states in favor of buying an American one so I could play games in English.

Anyway, based on Michael's recommendations, I have purchased Persona 3: FES, Parappa the Rapper, Patapon, No More Heroes, the greatest hits version of Odin Sphere, and played the demo of World of Goo. As far as I can tell, anything Michael recommends is pure gaming gold. He even made me want Yakuza 3 for what he assures is a brilliant story, despite my apathy towards open-world GTA-style games. There are quite a few other games he's mentioned that I'm interested in too, including Pixeljunk Eden, Zack and Wiki, and Gitaroo Man.

I'm not trying to be too much of a Brainy Gamer cheerleader, but Michael consistently has solid game recommendations, particularly for ones that are in danger of being forgotten. So check it out. I always look forward to his next update.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm always scared of his next update, for the same reason! (Currently playing No More Heroes, though admittedly I'd probably have played that eventually without his push...)

Korey said...

Yeah, No More Heroes was great, especially the memorable boss battles. I really enjoy reading your blog, by the way. You post a lot of interesting things, and write really well too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words, it means a lot.