4.29.2008

Civ III Takes a Back Seat to No More Heroes

So I was wrong. My first full game of Civ III actually took, according to the clock that pops up after finishing, 24 hours. Wow. That's a lot longer than I thought. Although I think it's actually a little closer to 20 hours, because I left the game running by itself a few times. Either way, that's a lot of time to devote to one play through of an infinitely replayable game. I just don't have that kind of time to commit to one game anymore, as much as that saddens me. Plus, Civ is so addicting, that it's very easy to just not stop playing.

With that in mind, I will be drastically cutting back on my Civilization play time now to focus on other games. I'll still play Civ III, but it will serve more as a second or third game, to be played a few turns at a time (if that's even possible) when I'm not doing anything else. One way to hopefully help with this goal, is that I'll be switching from playing the epic main game to trying out the 9 or so scenarios included in the Conquests expansion. I just started the Mesopotamia scenario, which is significantly shorter than the main game, coming in at a paltry 160 turns.

Since Civ III is on the back burner for the time being, what will I be focusing my energies on: the glory that is No More Heroes. I advanced up to the 4th assassin rank this afternoon, so I'm getting closer to the end. Soon I'll start a series of posts about NMH, which of course I know has already been talked up to death. But I'll try to find a fresh angle.

Tomorrow I'll post about the gaming gear I'm strongly considering purchasing in the near future. Until then, make sure to go outside and get some fresh air between GTAIV sessions.

No comments: