10.03.2007

Books Are Consuming Me

Lately, especially since my birthday, what I've mainly been doing is try to catch up on some reading. I got 4 new books or so for my birthday last Friday, in addition to several others I have sitting around that I haven't read yet. I was most exciting about Michael Chabon's The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, a sprawling epic set during the rise of the American comic book. I also received and am waiting to read a collection of short stories by Chabon, called Werewolves in Their Youth, a collection of short stories by Dan Chaon called Among the Missing, and The Complete Western Stories of Elmore Leonard. There's just not enough time in the day.

I've also seen a few movies in the past couple of weeks. I rewatched High Fidelity, because I had just finished the book and was dying to watch it again. The first time I saw it I was mildly bored and disappointed, but this time was fantastic. It's a very enjoyable, humorous movie. I've also watched The Magnificent Seven (which was disappointing compared to Kurosawa's version), Irma le Deuce, and I've continued watching as season 2 of Heroes begins. I'm just too busy to take in everything I want to. Maybe I can stop sleeping or something.

No comments: