10.17.2007

The Waiting Game

Here in Japan, Super Mario Galaxy comes out exactly 2 weeks from tomorrow! I can't wait. I've been working on finally completing Twilight Princess, only a year late, in order to justify buying a new game. On Zelda, I just finished the 7th temple, I think. It was the sky temple. I really like Zelda, but since I don't know enough Japanese to always know what to do, my tendency has been to follow a guide to get from plot point to plot point, and then do the dungeons completely on my own. It's worked out pretty well so far. Only 2 more dungeons to go, and then it should be about time for MARIO. In playing Zelda this much recently, I've noticed how close together the last few dungeons have been. Going from Snowpeak Ruins, to the Temple of Time, to the Sky Palace place had very few requirements to get to the them. In contrast, I remember there sometimes being hours of game play between the first 2 or 3 dungeons. I also don't know why, but this game is pretty easy. Maybe it's just that Zelda games are rarely difficult anyway, or maybe also that I'm now very used to navigating 3D worlds. It's still a lot of fun, and I love seeing the huge, creative bosses, they're just not that difficult. So, back to waiting for Galaxy, while alternately playing Twilight Princess and Dragon Quest III on the old NES.

No comments: