10.21.2007

Hooray! It's Over!

After much struggle, I finally conquered The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess today. It only took me nearly 11 months, but I finally did it. I must say, I really enjoyed it. It didn't suffer from a tedious fetch quest like in Wind Waker, and it felt very true to its 3D origins in Ocarina of Time. Best of all, it was long. In a good way. With 9 dungeons, and a gigantic world to explore, I thought it truly felt epic. I don't think that longer length is inherently a virtue in games. Just as many movies are too long and should be cut, so should many games. But this title didn't feel padded out or artificially extended as some games do. On the other hand, it was a little too easy. I'm not sure I died at all. Although I may have. I can't remember since my playtime was spread out over so many months. At any rate, it's a fantastic game, and I'm very glad I bought a Japanese Wii to play it.

Now, I can go back to finishing up Final Fantasy VI Advance. I'm near the end. I think I might just go on to the last dungeon (Kefka's Tower) and finish the main storyline, and probably not do the bonus content. It truly is one of the best RPGs of all time, and I'm eager to go back and play it again, fully exploring every corner of the game world and (hopefully) finding every secret. I'm also well into Dragon Quest III, which is a huge improvement over the first two in terms of storytelling, and just being a lot more fun. Although I can't wait until the later DQs so I can use more user-friendly menus. The menus in the NES DQ games are a pain in the ass when you need to manage several character's inventories. I also want to start the third case of the third Phoenix Wright game, and patiently, patiently await the arrival of Super Mario Galaxy on 11/1. Whew! Too many games, not enough time.

No comments: